You must complete nine courses, including:
- Four in the department in which the student is enrolled for an advanced degree
- Five in other departments, two of which should be selected from the list below. Please see our list of Course Descriptions for additional courses in departments related to Medieval Studies.
- M500 Introduction to Medieval Studies
- M502 Colloquium in Medieval Studies. Investigation of an interdisciplinary problem or foundational texts
- M600 Medieval Manuscripts. Topics in paleography and codicology. The study of manuscript production, history, and use.
- M815 Readings in Medieval Civilization
- L300 Intensive Introduction to Classical and Medieval Latin
- L400 Intensive Study of Literary Latin
- L409 Readings in Medieval Latin
- L540 Readings in Medieval Latin
- L611 Seminar in Latin Epigraphy or Paleography