Friday, March 6th
Location: All Friday sessions will be held in the IMU's Maple Room
10:30 a.m. — Registration
11:00 a.m. — Workshop 1: "Diversity, Racial Underrepresentation, and the Future of Medieval Studies," Michelle R. Warren, Dartmouth College.
12:00 p.m. — Break/Lunch on your own
2:00 p.m — Panel 1: Coding the Past
- “Historical Gamification,” Konrad Bennett Hughes, University of Missouri.
- “Decoding the Horoscope: A Computer Program for Detecting Cusp-Calculation Methods in Historical Horoscopes,” Pouyan Shahidi Marnani, IUB.
3:15 p.m. — Break
3:30 p.m. — Panel 2: Mapping the Medieval World
- "Letters and Geographies of the Later Carolingian Popes, 844-896," Eric Ware, IUB.
- “Reading Early Irish Place-lore as a Deep Map,” Joey McMullen, IUB.
- "Maps That Aren't Maps: Combining GIS Tracking with Agent-based Modeling," Kalani Craig, IUB.