Friday, March 22
12:00 p.m. — Lilly Library Exhibit
- Joel Silver, Director of the Lilly Library, "Traveling Manuscripts: A Selection from the Lilly Collection"
1:00 p.m. — Break/Lunch on your own
2:00 p.m — Panel 1: Literary Geographies, IMU Walnut Room
- "Mad Flight to Morocco: Dante's Poetry of Travel, Desire, and the Mediterranean," Akash Kumar, IUB.
- “The Thar Desert and its Travelers: An Insight in the Desert of India,” Manisha Choudhary, University of Delhi.
- "On the Road with King Arthur and Adam of Usk," Patricia Price, California State University
3:30 p.m. — Break
4:00 p.m. — Panel 2: Cultural Exchange in the Mediterranean World, IMU Walnut Room
- “The Incense Route: Migrations of Lives of Saints and the Sources of the Ethiopian Synaxarion,” Nicolò Sassi, IUB
- “Imperial Outreach: Ibrāhīm ibn Ya‛qūb al-Ṭurṭūshī’s Visit to Otto I,”
Natalie Dawn Levin, IUB.
5:00-6:00 p.m. — Light Reception, IMU Faculty Room, University Club